Owning National Firearms Act (NFA) weapons in Virginia is legal and we can help you do it!  The types of weapons covered by the NFA include; suppressors (silencers), short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, etc.
Once you decide on an NFA item that you want to purchase, just follow these steps…

  1. Create a Revocable Trust.  This is the most hassle-free way of transferring NFA weapons.  The trust provides advantages to transferring the NFA weapon to you as an individual.  These include the ability to add individuals to your trust which allows them to be in possession of the NFA weapon with you not being present.  It is also allows for the individuals on your trust being able to take possession of the NFA weapons should something happen to you.  You can also put other property in the trust in addition to you NFA items.  There are several avenues to obtain a revocable trust.  You can hire an attorney to generate one or use the nfalawyers.com website.  Creating a trust should cost you no more than a few hundred dollars and is a one-time expense for all of your NFA needs.
  2. Come see us with a COPY of your trust.
  3. Select your NFA item and we will put it on layaway until your NFA transfer paperwork comes back from the BATFE.
  4. At this time we will complete your ATF Form 4 and send it in with your trust and $200 federal tax payment to the BATFE.  The $200 federal tax is required to be paid for each NFA item you transfer.  There are a couple ways you can make this payment.  You can write a $200 check or get a $200 money order.  You can also give us $200 and we will cut a corporate check to the BATFE on your behalf.  The $200 payment is required when your Form 4 is submitted.
  5. Wait….the current wait time for Form 4 transfers is 3.5 to 4.5 months.  This may seem like a long time, but last year (2013) the wait time was 10 to 12 months.  There is a bright side to buying NFA weapons from us, you can shoot your NFA weapon here while you are waiting!
  6. Once your Form 4 comes back approved, we will give you a call and transfer the Weapon to you.

It really is an easy process and we are here to assist you in any way possible.  So, to recap…

  1. Trust
  2. Pay for NFA item and $200 tax, we will send out your paperwork
  3. Wait…and get to shoot your NFA weapon
  4. Take possession once your paperwork comes back.